Interesting facts about the brooklyn bridge :- Hello friends, we are going to talk about brooklyn bridge facts, we all know that bridge helps us a lot during transport. These bridge provide us facility to cross two rivers, canals and sea from one side to the other side, these bridges help us a lot by shortening the distance. Which save our precious time. Today there exists a large number of bridges around the world. but some of them were built hundreds of year before.
Today we are going to talk about one bridge from these old bridge. The name of the bridge is ‘Brooklyn Bridge’ which is located in New York City of the america. The construction of this extremely old bridge was completed in about 1883. Many problems were faced by constructor during construction of this bridge. Now go ready to know some interesting facts about this bridge.
Interesting facts about the brooklyn bridge
- The Brooklyn Bridge is counted in the old rodways bridge of united states. Located in New York City, this bridge was built over the east river. Brooklyn Bridge is 486.3 m long, this bridge played an important role in connecting Manhatten and Brooklyn.
- The best technology was used to build this bridge. It was the world’s first steel-wire suspension bridge. At that time, the best use of such a great technology can surprise you.
- This bridge helped tremendously in giving New York city a bigger identity. This bridge was named in National Historic Landmark in 1964 and was included in National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark in 1972.
Also Read :- Interesting facts about burj khalifa in english
- There were many problems came during the construction of such a large bridge. Many laborers have fallen sick. Some laborers became victims of injury. At the beginning it was believed that it is “caisson disease”. But this disease created many problems in the construction of the bridge.
- Warren Roebling also became a victim of paralyzing injury due to the “caisson disease” during the construction of the bridge. Because of this injury, a skilled person warren roebling had to be away from the project. This incident has created a major blockage in the construction of the bridge.
- The construction of the brooklyn bridge took longer than 14 years. In February 1867, the New York State Senate passed a bill that allowed the construction of a suspension bridge from Brooklyn to Manhattan. The construction of the bridge was completed in 1883.
- The exciting story of the construction of this bridge was written by many authors in their books: David McCullough by the name of the great bridge in 1972 and in Brooklyn Bridge in 1981.
- The bridge was conceived by a German immigrant John Augustus Roebling in 1852. He had also produced many other suspension bridges before. He tried for about 15 years to realize this project.
- Unfortunately John Augustus Roebling could not see the completion of his project. Once he was doing the survey on bridge , then he caught by a foot injury. Who later took the form of tetanus and he died in 1869.
- After his father, Warren Roebling took charge of construction of the bridge. He was a very diligent person and he studied many subjects to improve the bridge. He studied higher mathematics, calculations of catenary curves, strengths of materials, bridge specifications, and intricacies of cable construction.
Brooklyn Bridge Photos
So these are some interesting facts about the Brooklyn Bridge, please leave a comment below about this article, share your suggestion about Brooklyn Bridge and share this article with your friends.