Interesting facts about blue whales – Information about whales :- Whale is a type of fish that has many species, Such as: killer whales, sperm whales, humpback whales, beluga whales, and blue whales etc. But in all these blue whales have special significance because it is the largest creature in the world at present, which is much larger than elephants. So Let’s talk about some interesting facts about Blue whale.
Interesting facts about blue whales & Information about whales
- At the beginning of the twentieth century, blue whales were abundant in almost all the oceans of the earth, but due to their continuous prey, their population has remained only 5 thousand to 12 thousand.
- Blue whales are born huge as well. Their calves weigh 2.5 tonnes at birth, gain 8 lbs per hour and grow at a rate of 1.5 inches per day!
- The length of the scalp of the Blue Whale has been measured to 5.8 meters, yet his brain weighs only up to 7 kg.
- Blue whales are seasonal feeders. They can go up to 6 months without eating when they migrate for breeding.
- You must be surprised to know that all whales, including blue whales, can not breathe in water. They have a hole in their head and when they come out of the water, they breathe with the help of a hole.
- Blue whale is a very ancient creature whose origin is believed to have originated 5 million years ago.
- Blue whales can consume 500 kilograms of krill in a single mouthful and get half a million calories from it. That’s 200 times of what they spend in the act.
- The blue whale’s neck is very flexible, which can rotate round while floating. At the end of the tail of the whale, two ends help him turn on floating.
- Even when taking dinosaurs into account, the modern day blue whale is the largest animal to ever exist on Earth.
- The average life span of a blue whale is 70 to 90 years.
- A blue whale can be up to 30 meters long and weigh up to 180 tons. In this way blue whales are larger than the largest skeleton (27 meters) of dinosaurs.
- Blue Whale can stop his breath from 35 minutes to 2 hours.
- Whale draws a special type of voice to contact his other companions, which are very Melodious and can be heard for several miles.
- Blue whales did not give eggs like other fish but this gives birth to a baby directly. Blue whales can only birth a child at a time.
- The blue whale heart weighs 600 kg and it beats only 9 times in a minute.
- Blue whales can live without sleep for 90 days. Even during sleeping, half of his mind keeps awake, while half of his sleep remains.
- The food of blue whales is another small fish and it can eat food from 4 tons to 6 tons a day.Most of the energy he consume of food keeps it safe, because of that, he can live without eating for 200 days.
- Blue whales are solitary creatures. Unlike other baleen whales, blue whales travel either by themselves or in pairs, rather than in groups.
- This whale gives birth to the baby when it lasts up to 8 meters and weighs 4 tons (4000 kg). This baby drink 200 to 300 liters of milk of her mother daily.
- Once there were around 239,000 blue whales in Antarctica alone. After the invention of explosive harpoons in 1864 they were driven to near extinction in 20th century. Now there are only 10,000 to 25,000 of them worldwide.
- Blue whales can collect more than 5000 liters of air in their lungs at a time.
- Compared to other body parts, the brain of blue whales is very small and weighs only 6.92 kilograms, that’s 0.007 percent of its body weight.
- The victims of the Blue Whales were mainly meant for their flesh, which was very expensive and delicious. But now the prey of whales has been banned so that their population is expected to grow in the future.
- At an average of 2.4 meters, Blue Whales have the largest penis in the animal kingdom and their single ejaculation contains 20 liters of sperm.
- Blue Whale can swim at 46 kilometers per hour.
Also Read :- Sundarban royal bengal tiger interesting facts
Tags:- Interesting facts about blue whales , Information about whales