3 Layers of the earth facts – Describe the layers of the earth :- Earth is the planet on which we live. Earth is different from other planets, life on this planet is possible. But have you ever tried to know about different layers of earth? Let’s talk about 3 layers of the earth today. And we will describe the layers of the earth and various facts related to them.
3 Layers of the earth
There are mainly 3 layers of earth which are crust, mental and core respectively. Now Let’s know about them in detail.
Crust Layer Facts
The outetmost layer of the earth is known as crust. Its is the first layer of the earth . The layer is full of some interesting facts. Some of them are as follows.
- This layer is made up of big rocks including metamorphic , and sedimentary rocks .this layer covers only 1percent of the earth surface.
- The crust can be devided into two types – continental crust and oceanic crust. The continental crust is found under the land on the other hand the oceanic crust is found under the ocean
- Due to geothermal energy the temperature of the crust layer increases with depth . The place where crust meet with mentle layer its temperature about 400℃.
- The crust layer of earth approximately formed 4.6 billion year ago. and the average age of crust layer is estimated 2 billion year.
- Crust layer was thin before then and was probably changed often as the tectonic plates shifted around a lot more than they do now. The crust would have been destroyed many times by asteroids hitting Earth.
Also Read :- Albert einstein time machine
Mantle Layer Facts
Mentle is the second layer of the earth . It is the layer begween the crust and core. We can say that this layer is the middle layer of the earth now its times to know more about mantle layer of the earth.
- The earth mantle is made-up of silicate rocky shell . Which is about 2900 km thick.
- The mantle layer is cover more surface of earth then the crust. It covers approximete 84 percent more surface of the earth.
- This layer is filled up with various metal which is usually used by the human such as iron and nickel which likely covers the 18 percent of the earth surface.
- There are few place on the land where the mantle rock is pushed to the earth by tectonic actvity. Some of them places are Gros Morne National Park in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador and Zabargad Island (St. John’s Island) in the Red Sea.
- The temperature of the mantle is much more then crust .at upper boundry its temperature about 4000℃, and upto 7000℃ with the boundary of the core.
Core Layer Facts
Core is the third and last layer of the earth this. Layer is devided in two parts. Outer core and inner core let us describe core layer in detail.
- Core is called the liquid layer of the earth because this layer layer is filled with some liquid Metal such as iron and nickle.
- We know that the core is devided in two parts. Outer crust and lower crust the temperature of these two layer is diffrent.
- The temperature of outer layer ranges from 4400 °C in the outer regions to 6100 °C near the inner core and the temperature at inner core is 5500 ℃ which is a equal to the temperature of the sun.
- In outer core the strength of megnatic field is about 25 gauss.which is about 50 timss stronger then surface.
- Like mantle this layer is also filled with some important metal which is iron and nickle etc.
Also Read :- Einstein theory of time travel
Tags :- Describe the layers of the earth, 3 Layers of the earth, Layers of the earth facts